Water Valley Vs. Ackerman
By Bobby Murphree
• WHEN, WHERE: Friday, 7:00pm Ackerman HS Field
• RECORDS: WV 5-4 (2-2) Ackerman 7-2 (2-2)
• SERIES: Ackerman leads 5-1-0
• FIRST MEETING: 2001 Ackerman won 32-6
• LAST MEETING: 2007 Ackerman won 28-7
• LAST WEEK: WV beat J.Z. George 35-14, Ackerman over Williams-Sullivan 48-12
• TV: Cable Channel 57 (Delay) starting 11:am Saturday thru Sunday
• RADIO: WTMN 105.5 mhz. 7:00 pm
• TEAM COMPARISONS: WV averages 20.2 on offense, and gives up 21.4 on defense. Ackerman averages 28.1 on offense and gives up 16.0 on defense.
• NOTABLES: With the win over J.Z. George, the Devils have earned a birth in the Class 2A play-offs. The Devils will most likely meet Hollandale-Simmons, Leland or South Delta from Division 4. Post season games began on November 7th. With 5 wins this year, WV has assured itself of a non-losing regular season. The Devils last win over Ackerman came in 2003, with 14-12 homecoming victory. WV has never defeated the Indians in Ackerman. The winner of this game will lock-up 3rd place in Division 2, while the loser will settle for a 4th place finish. WV has been spooked only once on Halloween Night. The Devils are 5-1 with the lone loss coming in 1975, falling to Charleston 32-7.
• DIRECTIONS: Take Hwy 315 South to Hwy 9, turn south then travel 68 miles through Bruce, Calhoun City and Eupora, then turn left onto Hwy 12, go about one mile, turn right onto Hwy 15 and drive approx. one mile, stadium is on left. Limited eateries in Ackerman.