Water Valley Vs. J.Z. George
By Bobby Murphree
• WHEN, WHERE: Friday, 7:30 p.m. J.Z. George HS Field
• RECORDS: WV 1-1 (0-0) J.Z. George 2-1
• SERIES: WV leads 2-1
• FIRST MEETING: 1948 WV won 45-0
• LAST MEETING: 2008 WV won 35-21
• LAST WEEK: WV beat Calhoun City 35-0, J.Z. George over Montgomery Co 33-6
• TV: Cable Channel 57 (Delay) starting 11:am Saturday thru Sunday
• RADIO: WTMN 105.5 mhz. 7:30 pm
• TEAM COMPARISONS: WV averages 30.0 on offense, and gives up 17.0 on defense. J. Z. George averages 27.0 on offenses and gives up 13.0 on defense.
• NOTABLES: WV breaks a three games losing skid, dating back to last season. The 35-0 win against Calhoun City was the first shut-out for the Devil defense since a 41-0 victory over North Panola on October 28, 2005. WV & J. Z. George are former members of 2-2A. The Devils last visit to North Carrollton in 2007, was Water Valley’s worst defensive outing ever. The Jaguars 62 points scored is the most points ever produced against the Devils since 1942. In the three game series, WV’s offense has averaged 40.3 points per game.
• DIRECTIONS: Take Hwy 7 South to I-55, exit south and travel 27 miles to US Hwy 82 (Exit 185) exit west and go 9 miles to the intersection of Hwys17/35 & US Hwy 82, turn right onto Hwy’s 17/35 north, drive 2 miles. Road runs into the high school. Stadium is located behind school.