Water Valley Vs. North Pontotoc
By Bobby Murphree
• WHEN, WHERE: Friday, 7:30 p.m. NPHS Field
• RECORDS: WV 2-1 (0-0) North Pontotoc 4-0 (0-0)
• SERIES: WV leads 3-0
• FIRST MEETING: 1978 WV won 32-7
• LAST MEETING: 1980 WV won 13-7
• LAST WEEK: WV beat J.Z. George 21-14, North Pontotoc over South Pontotoc 34-12
• TV: Cable Channel 57 (Delay) starting 11:am Saturday thru Sunday
• RADIO: WTMN 105.5 mhz. 7:30 pm
• TEAM COMPARISONS: WV averages 27.0 on offense, and gives up 16.0 on defense. North Pontotoc averages 34.2 on offenses and gives up 20.2 on defense.
• NOTABLES: With the win over J.Z. George, WV has now won two in a row, the first back to back wins since a four game winning streak in 2006. North Pontotoc is the first Class 4A team the Devils have played since taking on Lafayette & Shannon in the 2004 season. The last visit to Ecru in 1979 ended with a 27-0 WV victory. In the three games played in the series, the Devil defense has given up only 13 points. The undefeated Vikings have scored wins over 2-3A co-members Nettleton & South Pontotoc
• DIRECTIONS: Travel to Oxford, then turn east onto Hwy 6/278 and go 28 miles. Exit north onto Hwy 15 and travel 6 miles. The school is on right with football field. Note: Limited eatery’s in Ecru.