Water Valley vs. Winona
By Bobby Murphree
•WHEN, WHERE: Friday, 7 p.m. at WHS Field
• RECORDS: WV 4-4 (2-1) Winona 3-6 (1-2)
• SERIES: Water Valley leads 4-0-0
• FIRST MEETING: 1999 WV won 22-21
• LAST MEETING: 2002 WV won 27-14
• LAST WEEK: Water Valley beat South Pontotoc 33-19, Winona lost to Nettleton 22-7
• TV: Cable Channel 57 (Delay) starting 11:am Saturday thru Sunday
• RADIO: WTMN 105.5 mhz. 7 p.m.
• TEAM COMPARISONS: Water Valley averages 19.2 on offense, and gives up 16.5 on defense. Winona averages 14.6 on offenses and gives up 18.5 on defense.
• NOTABLES: With the win over South Pontotoc, the Devils are tied with Nettleton for second place in 2-3A. A win over Winona & Mooreville would give Water Valley a 4-1 region record and give the Devils a runner-up finish with home field advantage in the first round of the play-offs. Water Valley & Winona are former members of 2-2A during the 2000-01 seasons.
• DIRECTIONS: Take Hwy 7 south 26 miles to I-55, exit south then travel 27 miles, then turn east on to U.S. Hwy 82, go 1 mile then exit onto Hwy 182 (old Hwy 82), drive 1 mile to U.S. Hwy 51. School & field is located at the intersection.