Water Valley Vs. J.Z. George
By Bobby Murphree
• WHEN, WHERE: Friday, 7:30 p.m. Bobby Clark Field
• RECORDS: WV 2-1 (0-0) J.Z. George 1-2 (0-0)
• SERIES: Water Valley leads 3-1
• FIRST MEETING: 1948 WV won 45-0
• LAST MEETING: 2009 WV won 21-14
• LAST WEEK: Water Valley lost to Calhoun City 10-7, J.Z. George lost to Montgomery Co. 24-14
• TV: Cable Channel 57 (Delay) starting 11 a.m. Saturday thru Sunday
• RADIO: WTMN 105.5 mhz. 7:30 p.m.
• TEAM COMPARISONS: Water Valley averages 16.0 on offense, and gives up 5.6 on defense. J. Z. George averages 17.6 on offenses and gives up 25.3 on defense.
• NOTABLES: The Devils fall to 5-3 against Calhoun City in away games. The Devils play their third game of the season against a Class 2A team. WV & J. Z. George are former members of 2-2A. WVHS Alternative School Director Trey Allman is a former Jaguars head coach.
• HOMECOMING NOTES: Water Valley’s loss to Independence last year, was the first homecoming defeat since 2001. The Devils are 18-2 since 1990 and 44-14-0 since 1942. This will be the first time that WV has played George for homecoming.
The 15-0 1990 Class 3A Championship team along with the 2000 State Championship Cheerleaders will be honored at half-time.