Water Valley vs. Winona
By Bobby Murphree
• WHEN, WHERE: Friday, 7 p.m. Bobby Clark Field
•RECORDS: Water Valley 7-2 (2-1) Winona 8-1(2-1)
•SERIES: Water Valley leads 5-0-0
•FIRST MEETING: 1999 Water Valley won 22-21 in overtime
• LAST MEETING: 2009 Water Valley won 26-20
• LAST WEEK: Water Valley beat South Pontotoc 38-14, Winona beat Nettleton 53-30
• TV: Cable Channel 97 (Delay) starting 11 a.m. Saturday thru Sunday
• RADIO: WTMN 105.5 mhz. 7 p.m.
• TEAM COMPARISONS: Water Valley averages 24.8 on offense, and gives up 14.1 on defense. Winona averages 38.0 on offense and gives up 16.8 on defense.
• NOTABLES: The seven regular season wins this year, is the most since 2005. With the win over South Pontotoc, the Devils are tied with Winona and South Pontotoc for second place in 2-3A. A win over Winona and Mooreville would give the Water Valley a 4-1 region record and give the Devils a runner-up finish with home field advantage in the first round of the play-offs. Water Valley and Winona are former members of 2-2A during the 2000-01 seasons.