If you’re a current subscriber, log in below. If you would like to subscribe, please click the subscribe tab above.
Username and Password Help
WATER VALLEY – The Grand Jury of the Second Judicial District handed down indictments on nine true bills during the December, 2021 session. Ricky Mark Redden was indicted for DUI – 3rd offense and simple assault on a law enforcement.
Redden was arrested on April 6 for the DUI charge. He was previously convicted of DUI in Southaven on Sept. 25, 2019; and on January 24, 2020, in Desoto County Justice Court. Redden’s indictment for simple assault on a police officer that also occurred on April 6 according to court documents. He allegedly made a credible threat against an employee with the Yalobusha County Sheriff’s Office involving the use or display of a deadly weapon.
Other indictments issued during the grand jury session which have not been served on defendants and remain sealed include:
• One count of aggravated assault;
• One count of possession of a firearm by a convicted felon;
• One count of possession of methamphetamine;
• One count of trafficking methamphetamine;
• One count of taking away a motor vehicle;
• One count of shooting into an occupied dwelling; and
• One count of felony malicious mischief.