Grand Jury Hands Down 12 Indictments
WATER VALLEY – The grand jury in the Second Judicial District in Water Valley handed down indictments on 12 true bills during the Feb. 14 session. The indictments have not been served and remained sealed until the accused is served by law enforcement. An indictment is a formal charge, meaning that the members of the grand jury found probable cause that Brooks committed the crime. An indictment is not proof of guilt, instead it triggers the criminal proceedings.
The list of indictments include:
• Two counts of conspiracy;
• Two counts of burglary of a building other than a dwelling;
• Two counts of grand larceny;
• One count of possession of methamphetamine;
• One count of trafficking cocaine (over 30 grams);
• One count of aggravated assault;
• One count of possession of a firearm by a convicted felon;
• One count of DUI fourth; and
• One count of DUI fourth or subsequent.
The grand jury in the First Judicial District in Coffeeville did not meet during the February session.