The Dollie Ann Henderson Memorial Scholarship has been established by her children and family to celebrate her outstanding contributions to the educational field and her community. For over forty years, Mrs. Henderson was a model of excellence in education as an elementary school teacher and assistant principal. Mrs. Henderson was gifted in her profession in that teaching was her God-given talent, thus she also used her gift in the church, where she served as a Sunday School teacher, a missionary, and an active member/instructor in the Mt. Moriah District Association.
Mrs. Henderson served in many positions in her community. She served as a trustee of the Blackmur Memorial Library Board, held positions with the Water Valley Housing Authority and many other civic and religious organizations in the Water Valley community. Her service provided her the opportunity to influence many of the youth in the community, and she will always be remembered as expressing her strong belief that “every child is teachable.”
The Dollie Ann Henderson Memorial Scholarship has also been established in recognition of her commitment and desire to help deserving young people obtain a college education and become successful in their chosen career and their personal lives.
• Must be a 2017 graduating senior of Water Valley High School
• Must enroll and attend an accredited college or university in the fall of 2017
• Must submit three letters of recommendation from a teacher, community leader and pastor who are non-family members
•Must submit an official transcript with GPA an ACT score
• Must write a two page essay entitled “How I Will Use My Education to Help Others”
• Must submit completed application packets by May 26, 2017
• Incomplete application packets will NOT be processed
• Scholarship will be awarded based on financial need and GPA
• Preference may be given to students majoring in elementary education
• Scholarship funds will be issued to the recipient after verification of enrollment
• If a scholarship recipient fails to attend an accredited college or university in the fall of 2017, he/she will forfeit their scholarship funds
Apply on-line (www.dah. scholarshp.org), and mail all application support documents (transcript, essay, three letters of recommendation) by he deadline to: DAH Memorial scholarship; c/o Rodney Henderson; 574 Fieldstone St.; Hernando, MS 38632.