At presstime Tuesday, the results for the Ward Four Alderman race in the City of Water Valley were not available. The race is the final contest in the city as incumbent Larry Bell faces Nicole Folson.The results will be included in next week’s edition of the Herald and posted online at yalnews.com.
Bell was running as an independent and Folson as a Democratic, pushing the race to Tuesday’s General Election ballot.
All other races in the city were settled in the Democratic Primary Election. The winner of the Ward Four race will take office next month along with the winners from last month’s primary race including: incumbent Mayor Larry Hart, incumbent Alderman-at-Large Donald Gray, Ward One Alderman Kagan Coughlin, incumbent Ward Two Alderman Fred White and Ward Three Alder-woman Cinnamon Foster
The June 6 General Election will also settle all of the positions in Coffeeville and Oakland as all candidates in both towns run as independents. Candidates in Coffeeville include:
• Mack Burns and William Shelton for mayor;
• Bryan McCullough and Donald “Duck” Hayes for Alderman-at-Large;
• Eva L. Longstreet for Ward 1 Alderman;
• George E. “Chick” Miller and James Anthony Matthews, Sr. for Ward 2 Alderman;
• Joe R. Bourn for Ward 3 Alderman;
• Michael “Mike” Ayers for Ward 4 Alderman.
Oakland candidates include:
• James Swearengen, Sam Jones and Cedric Jones for mayor;
• George Booker, Terry Ellis, Sharonda Jones, Marzet Bland, Joe Willie Jen-kins, Lula Jenkins, Roshunder Pierce and Clay Walton, Sr. Aldermen do not run in specific wards and the top five vote-getters will take office.