If you’re a current subscriber, log in below. If you would like to subscribe, please click the subscribe tab above.
Username and Password Help
By Cinnamon Foster
Water Valley Lions Club
WATER VALLEY – The Water Valley Lion’s Club celebrated with the year-end with a banquet and officer installation ceremony led by guest Lion Ron Kitchens and his wife, Lorraine. The food was catered in by Six Peas Catering. We enjoyed the fellowship and loved seeing so many guests at the Clubhouse!
Three service awards were presented to club members. Rick Neeley and Jerry Holt were both presented with the The Melvin Jones Fellowship (MJF) Award. This award is the backbone of our foundation and is presented to those who donate $1,000 to LCIF (Lion’s Club International Foundation) or to people for whom a donation was made by others. The donation is tremendous contribution to humanity and to the legacy of Lions founder, Melvin Jones.
Mike Edwards was awarded the Edwin Dalstrom Distinguished Service Award, the highest honor that a club or district can bestow through Mid-South Lions Sight and Hearing Service. The award is named for the organization’s first president, Edwin Dalstrom. Lions clubs, districts or multiple districts can honor a club member or a member of their community with this prestigious award by making a $1,000 contribution to Mid-South Lion’s Sight and Hearing Service.
Officers inducted for 2023-2024 are:
• Jerry Holt, President; Cinnamon Foster, 1st Vice-President; Mike Edwards, 2nd Vice-President; Allen Rogers, 3rd Vice-President; Ryan Walker, Secretary; Bill Norris, Treasurer; and Ray Hawkins, Lion Tamer; Charles Sharp, Tail Twister
• Directors: One year- Hunter Edwards, Taylor Edwards and Rena Taylor; two-year – Eddie Magee, Robert Turnage and Tony Hernandez
• Sight/Service Committee: Mike Edwards, Chair; Steve Edwards; Bobby Jones; and Brad Willingham
• Depot Committee: Charles Sharp, Chair; Grant Thompson; and Bill Norris
• Activities Chair: Rick Neely
• Program/Publicity Chair: Terrie Johnson
• Peace Poster Chair: Barron Caulfield
• LCIF Coordinator: Clyde Herron
• Safety/Fire Coordinator: Tony Hernandez and Ray Hawkins
• Leadership Committee: Cinnamon Foster, Chair; Eddie Magee; Hunter Edwards
• Finance Committee: President Jerry Holt, 1st VP Cinnamon Foster, 2nd VP Mike Edwards, 3rd VP Allen Roger, Treasurer Bill Norris and IPP Eddie Magee
• Door greeter: Rick Neely
• Membership Committee: Terry Champion, Chair; Tommy Defer; Lee Lott; and Barron Caulfield
• Nominating Committee: President Jerry Holt, 1st VP Cinnamon Foster, 2nd VP Mike Edwards and 3rd VP Allen Rogers
• Boys Leadership: Brian Gilley
• Girls Leadership: Cinnamon Foster
• Lions who assist anywhere when needed: Elizabeth Caulfield, Stacie Defer and Daniel Martin