Recruitment for Yalobusha County Head Start for the 2017-18 school year is underway. Children ages three and four on or before Sept. 1 are eligible for Head Start, and ages 1 month to 36 months are eligible for Early Head Start.
Applications are accepted from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday-Friday. Early application increases the chance of your child attending Head Start in August, if eligible. Head Start is still looking for children, age 4, for Coffeeville. If you know of anyone send them to Water Valley Head Start Center or go by Coffeeville Elementary School to pick up an application.
All interest parents need to bring a copy of the following information for registration:
• Child’s certified birth certificate
• Proof of income 2017 (check stubs) and 2016 (W-2 form, check stub, tax return, agency verification statement—Notarized Letter, SSI statement etc.)
• Medicaid Card
• Copy of last Medicaid Screening (if applicable)
• Copy of the child’s Immunization record (Form 121)
• Copy of child’s Social Security Card
All interested parents can also contact the center at (662) 473-1552.
All parents of children who are on the waiting list, please come by and update your information.
Head Start is a comprehensive child development program providing services to preschool children of low income families and to children with disabilities.