Water Valley Police arrested James Pomlee, 56, of County Road 25, for possession of a firearm and being a felon in possession of a firearm. The arrest was made Saturday, September 22, while police were investigating a reported assault, according to Lt. Rick McCuan.
Lt. McCuan reported the following additional activity in the Water Valley City limits during the past week:
• Made four arrests for driving under suspension;
• Made one arrest for DUI, first offense;
• Made one arrest of possession of marijuana;
• Investigated a burglary at the convenience store on the corner of Central and North Court Streets;
• Investigated three minor crashes;
• Served two contempt of court warrants;
• Served a warrant for Tallahatchie County;
• Took a report of malicious mischief;
• Took a report of simple assault;
• Took a report of petty larceny;
• Issued two citations for possession of beer;
• Issued two citations for disturbing the peace, loud music in a motor vehicle; and
• Issued 39 traffic tickets.