Water Valley Police arrested J. W. Caldwell, 47, for possession of an alleged controlled substance and for alleged drug paraphernalia. Caldwell’s arrest stemmed from a traffic stop for careless driving. He is currently in the Yalobusha County Jail, according to Lt. Rick McCuan.
Lt. McCuan reported the following additional activity in the Water Valley City limits during the past week:
• Made an arrest for simple assault;
• Made an arrest for no driver’s license;
• Took a report of a stolen vehicle. McCuan said that a 1995 black Mitsubishi, license number 935LZM, was taken after the vehicle broke down on Highway 7;
• Took a report of trespassing;
• Took a report of stalking;
• Issued two citations for disturbing the peace, loud music in a motor vehicle;
• Took a report of simple assault;
• Took a report of joyriding;
• Issued 30 traffic tickets.