Police arrested a 29-year-old male subject Sunday afternoon around 4:50 after the man barricaded himself inside a Haynes Street residence and refused repeated orders to come out. Officers from the Water Valley Police Department, Coffeeville Police Department and the Yalobusha County Sheriff’s Department had to break down the front door of the house.
The man was charged with simple domestic assault, disorderly conduct, and resisting arrest. He was being held in the Lafayette county jail on a $1000 bond, according to Lt. Rick McCuan.
Lt. McCuan reported the following additional activity in the Water Valley City limits during the past week:
• Made an arrest for driving under suspension;
• Took a report of a burglary of a dwelling on Alley Street;
• Took a report of an auto burglary;
• Took a report of simple domestic assault;
• Responded to a vicious dog complaint on Thornton Street.
• Issued a citation for possession of beer in a dry county;
• Issued 10 traffic tickets;
• Investigated two traffic crashes.