Over the weekend Water Valley Police investigated malicious mischief at the City Park gazebo, the Everdale Baptist Church, and the car wash on South Main Street, according to Lt. Rick McCuan.
Sections of spindles were broken out of the railing of the Gazebo and some windows broken in the former school building owned by the Everdale Church.
Lt. McCuan reported the following additional activity in the Water Valley City limits during the past week:
• Made an arrest for DUI first offense and for possession of beer in a dry county;
• Made an arrest for driving under suspension;
• Made an arrest for possession of marijuana;
• Responded to the scene of a natural death;
• Served a Calhoun County warrant;
• Issued a citation for possession of beer in a dry county;
• Took a report of petty larceny;
• Took a report of stalking;
• Took a report of leaving the scene of an accident;
• Issued 46 traffic tickets.
Anyone who has information about the crimes is urged to contact Crime Stoppers by calling (662) 473-4935 or 1-(866) 933-TIPS (8477); or by email to TIPS@YalobushaCounty.net.
Remember, Crime Stoppers does not want your name, just your information. All letters, calls and emails will remain in the strictest confidence. (No phone calls or emails can be traced.) You may be able to collect up to $1,000 for your confidential information.