By Jack Gurner
WATER VALLEY – Water Valley Police are investigating the disappearance of a 14-year-old Jazzmonica Deanne Johnson, according to Chief Mike King.
She is believed to have left her father’s home at 331 Suggs St. around one Sunday morning.
Johnson is a black female, five foot, eight inches tall, weighing 160 pounds. When last seen, she was wearing a gray shirt and gray pants.
She is a student at Oxford Middle School and alternates between her father’s home here and her mother’s home at 123 CR 105 in Lafayette County, police said.
Anyone with information about Johnson can contact the police department at 473-2933 or Crime Stoppers at 1-866-933-TIPS or TIPS@YalobushaCounty.net.
(Webmaster’s note: Some readers have asked about this story and about the criteria for an Amber Alert. Please click on the Mississippi Amber Alert website link to read more about that program. The Water Valley Police Department provided the information and photo of the missing child in an effort to aid in her recovery. According to police and the information on the website, this case doesn’t qualify for an Amber Alert.)
Chief King reported the following additional activity in the Water Valley City limits during the past week:
• Made two arrests for driving under suspension;
• Made one arrest for simple assault;
• Made one arrest on a warrant from another agency;
• Investigated a malicious mischief and trespassing on Buena Vista that resulted in property damage;
• Investigated a petty larceny at the Berkshire Apartments;
• Investigated a simple domestic assault Berkshire Apartments;
• Investigated a simple assault on Buena Vista;
• Investigated a child in need of supervision on Markette St.;
• Investigated a simple assault on Croom St.;
• Investigated a simple assault at Edgefield and Davidson St.;
• Investigated a trespassing on Edgefield St.;
• Investigated an auto burglary on Fly St., two speakers and one amplifier were taken;
• Issued a citation for violation of the dog ordinance;and
• Issued 5 traffic tickets.