City Crime Report
Water Valley Police Captain Roger Thomas reported the following law enforcement activity in the city limits during the past week:
• Made two arrests for driving under suspension;
• Made an arrest for possession of drug paraphernalia, possession of marijuana, and violation of the beer ordinance;
• Made an arrest for possession of a weaon by a minor at the high school;
• Made an arrest for possession of alcohol by a minor;
• Made an arrest for disturbing the peace and no drivers license;
• Made an arrest on a warrant for another police agency;
• Took two reports of simple assault;
• Took a report of simple domestic assault;
• Took a report of malicious mischief;
• Issued a citation for violation of the city beer ordinance;
• Issued 29 traffic tickets;
• Investigated 2 crashes.
County Crime Report
Yalobusha County Sheriff Lance Humphreys released information about county law enforcement activity during the last week:
• Made an arrest for domestic violence on County Road 87;
• Responded to an automobile accident on County Road 436 after a car and deer collided;
• Investigated a death on County Road 271 on April 6. The death was ruled natural;
• Investigated a report of missing copper that was taken from County Road 170;
• Responded to an attempted burglary on Hwy. 31. Nothing was reported missing in the incident.
• Answered a call of simple assault at Plum Point Boat landing. Charges were filed in the case.
• Investigated missing scrap metal on County Road 10 in Tillatoba.
Assisted the Mississippi Highway Patrol (MHP) with a traffic accident on Hwy. 315 near the VFW on April 10;
• Responded to a call at the Exxon station in Oakland on April 12;
• Investigated a domestic call on County Road 246. No arrest was made;
• Responded to a domestic call on Hwy. 32 east;
• Investigated a child in need of supervison on County Road 436. The matter was referred to youth court;
• Answered a call of domestic problems on County Road 121 on April 14;
• Assisted the MHP with an 18 wheeler rollover on I-55 at milemarker 227.
• Assisted MHP with a traffic accident on Hwy. 7 in Coffeeville on April 15;
• Assisted Oakland Police Department with patrol for several hours after the electricity off for several hours; and
• Answered a suspicious vehicle call on County Road 96 on April 14.