WATER VALLEY – Police reported last week was relatively quiet in the city – if you don’t count the July 4 fireworks.
Police investigated the burglary of a garage in the 1400 block of Boyd St. sometime between July 3 and July 5. Several tools were taken, according to Lt. Rick McCuan.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call the police department or CrimeStoppers at 1-866-933-TIPS or by email to TIPS@YalobushaCounty.net.
Lt. McCuan reported the following additional law enforcement activity within the Water Valley City limits during the past week:
• Made two arrests for simple domestic assault;
• Made an arrest for no drivers license and resisting arrest;
• Made an arrest for DUI first offense;
• Made an arrest for shoplifting;
• Took a report of ID theft;
• Took a report of credit card fraud;
• Took a report of grand larceny;
• Took a report of burglary;
• Took a report of petty larceny;
• Took a report of simple domestic assault;
• Took a report of disorderly conduct;
• Took a report of malicious mischief;
• Issued 14 traffic citations.
Anyone who has information about a crime is urged to contact Yalobusha Crime Stoppers.
Crime Stopper’s TIPS information may be submitted by calling (662) 473-4935 or 1-(866) 933-TIPS (8477); or by email to TIPS@YalobushaCounty.net.
Remember, Crime Stoppers does not want your name, just your information. All letters, calls and emails will remain in the strictest confidence. (No phone calls or emails can be traced.) You may be able to collect up to $1,000 for your confidential information.