TILLATOBA – A 53 year-old woman was found dead in her home Sunday afternoon, according to Yalobusha Coroner Ronnie Stark. Angie Redwine, who lived in the Tillatoba area on County Road 10, was discovered by family members after they had not seen her since July 2.
The body has been sent to Jackson for an autopsy, Stark reported.
“We do not suspect foul play,” Sheriff Lance Humphreys said about the death. “We are waiting on the autopsy to determine to the cause of death,” Humphreys continued.
In other department activity:
• Deputies responded to a disturbance of the family on July 14 on County Road 53.
• Deputies worked a traffic accident on County Road 9 involving two county trucks.
• Deputies responded to an assault on County Road 557. Humphreys reported an altercation occurred after a man told his brother he could drive his 18-wheeler. The other brother became angry after the truck hit a tree. Charges were filed in the incident.
• Deputies took a report of home repair fraud.
“Always make sure to do a background check when hiring a general contractor,” Humphreys advised.
• Deputies took a report of check fraud.
• Deputies responded to a two-vehicle accident in the Holly Springs National Forest near the work center.
City Crime Report
WATER VALLEY – Police Lt. Rick McCuan reported the following law enforcement activity within the Water Valley city limits during the past week:
• Made two arrests for DUI first offense;
• Made an arrest on a warrant from the Batesville P.D.;
• Made an arrest for domestic assault;
• Made an arrest for shoplifting;
• Made an arrest for possession of marijuana;
• Made an arrest for disorderly conduct;
• Took two reports of petty larceny;
• Took two reports of simple assault;
• Took a report of domestic assault;
• Took a report of credit card fraud;
• Issued 18 traffic citations.