City Crime Report
WATER VALLEY – During a preliminary hearing in City Court on Dec. 4, Yolanda Hawkins was bound over to a grand jury. Hawkins has been charged with murder for allegedly shooting Hugh E. Nicholson on Nov. 16.
Judge Trent Howell set bond at $25,000 and returned Hawkins to the custody of Yalobusha County officials following the hearing. She was released on bond Monday.
Lt. Rick McCuan reported the following additional law enforcement activity within the Water Valley City limits during the past week:
• Made an arrest for driving under suspension;
• Made an arrest for DUI, first offense;
• Took two reports of petty larceny;
• Took a report of shoplifting with a warrant issued;
• Took a report of malicious mischief;
• Took a report of dog running at large;
• Took an accident report;
• Issued 14 traffic citations.