WATER VALLEY – Police are investigating a grand larceny in the southeastern part of the city. A South Street resident reported on Friday, Feb. 6, that a Golden Horse youth all-terrain vehicle (ATV) was missing.
Anyone with information about the missing ATV or any other crime is asked to call the police department at 473-2933 or CrimeStoppers at 1-866-933-TIPS or by email to TIPS@YalobushaCounty.net.
Lt. Rick McCuan reported the following additional law enforcement activity within the Water Valley City limits during the past week:
• Made three arrests for driving under suspension;
• Made two arrests for disorderly conduct;
• Made two arrests on circuit court warrants;
• Made an arrest on a warrant from the Charleston Police Department;
• Made an arrest on a warrant from justice court;
• Made an arrest for possession of marijuana in a motor vehicle;
• Made an arrest for possession of marijuana in a motor vehicle, resisting arrest, and evading arrest;
• Made an arrest for possession of marijuana;
• Made an arrest for discharging a firearm in the city limits;
• Made two arrests for DUI, second offense and resisting arrest;
• Made an arrest for disorderly conduct, evading arrest, and multiple traffic charges;
• Took three accident reports;
• Took a report of grand larceny;
• Took a report of auto burglary, audio equipment;
• Took a report of malicious mischief;
• Took a report of simple assault;
• Issued 68 traffic citations;
• Investigated three vehicle crashes.
TILLATOBA – A house burglary reported on Hwy. 51, near Tillatoba is under investigation, according to Sheriff Lance Humphreys.
A washing machine motor was removed from a washing machine. The incident occurred at a residence on Jan. 28, according to Humphreys.
“We have a suspect in this case,” the sheriff added. The suspect apparently had been to the house a day earlier, and commented that he had a similar washing machine that needed a motor.
Other activity reported included:
• Took a complaint of a domestic assault on County Road 227 on Feb. 7. A report was taken and the victim was transported to a domestic violence shelter in Oxford.
• Assisted in a death investigation on County Road 82 on Feb. 6. Humphreys said this was a routine call after a person was discovered dead in their home. Natural causes are suspected.
• Took a report of petty larceny in Water Valley.
• Answered a call for domestic violence on County Road 87 on Feb. 2.
• Took a report of a simple assault on County Road 178.
• Made an arrest for DUI, first offense, careless driving on Hwy. 51 on Jan. 28. The suspect registered .16 blood alcohol content, which is two times the legal limit.
• Took a report of a runaway on County Road 224 on Feb. 1.