Water Valley Police Report Light Activity
WATER VALLEY – Lt. Rick McCuan reported the following law enforcement activity within the Water Valley City limits during the past week:
• Made two arrests for driving under suspension;
• Made an arrest for possession of marijuana;
• Made two arrests for shoplifting, first offense;
• Made an arrest for no drivers license;
• Made an arrest for DUI, first offense;
• Made an arrest for Lafayette County;
• Took three reports of simple assault;
• Took a report of petty larceny;
• Took two reports of trespassing;
• Issued 24 traffic citations; and
• Investigated one vehicle crash.
Yalobusha County – Murder Investigation Continues In Coffeeville Shooting
Both the Coffeeville Police Department and the Yalobusha County Sheriff’s Department continue to investigate the Feb. 13 homicide of Ernest Moore.
“It’s a tough case,” Sheriff Lance Humphreys reported, adding that both departments were pursuing every available lead.
Moore was gunned down while driving in his car on Kennedy Street in Coffeeville. If you have any information about the crime, authorities urge you to contact Crime Stoppers at 1-866-933-TIPS (8477), or 473-4935. No one will ask your name and you may earn a cash reward of up to $1,000 if your information leads to an arrest and felony indictment. You will not be required to testify, and you will never be identified.
In other sheriff’s department news:
• Deputies took a report of malicious mischief on County Road 176 on Feb. 23;
• Deputies made an arrest for possession of contraband on Feb. 21;
• Deputies investigated a traffic accident on County Road 80 on Feb. 22; and
• Deputies took a report of a larceny on County Road 555.
“Somebody stole several gates from a deer camp,” Humphreys reported.