Law Enforcement Report
Yalobusha Crime Report
SCOBEY – Yalobusha deputies worked a on one-vehicle crash Saturday night that claimed the life of a Grenada man.
The driver of the vehicle, Walter Sally, was traveling on County Road 3 when the accident occurred, according to Yalobusha Sheriff Lance Humphreys. Assistant Coroner Debbie Jackson pronounced Sally dead at the scene.
Other activity reported by county law enforcement includes:
• Took a report of disturbing phone calls on March 5;
• Made an arrest on March 10 for careless driving, no drivers license and no proof of insurance on County Road 95;
• Took a report of harassing phone calls on March 9;
• Took a report of a child fondling case on March 9. Humphreys said his department is investigation the case in conjunction with the Department of Human Services;
• Made an arrest for DUI, first offense and possession of paraphernalia on County Road 606 on March 7;
• Worked a burglary on County Road 432 on March 6. Nothing was reported missing.
• Answered a disturbance of the family call at the Boatlanding area on March 8; and
• Took a public drunk report.
Coffeeville Crime Report
COFFEEVILLE – Police continue the investigation into the death of Ernest Moore, 29, who was shot Feb. 13 while driving down Kennedy Street.
“We’re working on the case with the help of the Yalobusha County Sheriff’s Department, the Mississippi Bureau of Investigation, and the ATF,” Coffeeville Police Chief Mark Martin said.
Chief Martin reported the following law enforcement activity for the period Jan. 28 through Feb. 24:
• Four arrests for driving with a suspended driver’s license;
• Two arrests for driving with a suspended driver’s license, no insurance, and improper equipment;
• One arrest for driving with a suspended driver’s license, expired tag;
• One arrest for driving with a suspended driver’s license, altered tag;
• One arrest for unpaid fines by bench warrant;
• One report for malicious mischief;
• One report for a dog bite;
• One report for burglary of an automobile;
• One report of a property dispute;
• One report for city dog ordinance violation and rabies violation;
• Five citations for driving with an expired driver’s license;
• Two citations for no proof of liability insurance;
• Two citations for improper equipment;
• Two citations for driving with an expired driver’s license;
• Three citations for improper / no tag;
• One citation for altered or switched tag;
• Three citations for public disturbance / loud music.
Water Valley Crime Report
WATER VALLEY – Police are investigating an auto burglary which occurred overnight during the period Mar. 5 through Mar. 6, according to Lt. Rick McCuan. A stereo system was stolen from the vehicle.
Anyone with information about the burglary or any other crime is asked to call the police department at 473-2933 or Crime Stoppers at 1-866-933-TIPS or by email to TIPS@YalobushaCounty.net.
Lt. McCuan reported the following additional law enforcement activity within the Water Valley City limits during the past week:
• Made two arrests for driving under suspension;
• Made an arrest for switched tag;
• Made an arrest for the Miss. Department of Corrections;
• Made an arrest for no driver’s license;
• Made an arrest for evading arrest;
• Took a report of petty larceny;
• Took an accident report;
• Issued two citations for violation of the city dog ordinance, dog running at large;
• Issued a citation for animal neglect;
• Issued 27 traffic citations.