WATER VALLEY – Police made two arrests for disturbing the peace in front of a home in the 1200 block of North Main Street Friday night.
Officers arrested the pair after responded to a call of a large group fighting in the street. The incident was not related to Watermelon Carnival, according to Lt. Rick McCuan.
On Monday night police investigated an attempted burglary at the Subway on South Main Street. The front door of the business was struck repeatedly breaking the glass, but no entry was made.
Lt. McCuan reported the following additional law enforcement activity within the Water Valley City limits during the past week:
• Made two arrests for driving under suspension;
• Made an arrest for DUI, first offense;
• Made an arrest for trespassing;
• Made an arrest for possession of marijuana in a motor vehicle;
• Made an arrest for public drunk;
• Made an arrest for simple assault;
• Took two reports of petty larceny;
• Took a report of identity theft;
• Took a report of a dog ordinance violation;
• Took a report of trespassing;
• Took a report of simple domestic assault;
• Took a report of malicious mischief;
• Issued a citation for violation of the open container ordinance;
• Issued 24 traffic citations.