WATER VALLEY – Police need to talk with a man who assisted a young woman who was injured during an aggravated assault last Thursday night around 8:30.
Being sought for questioning is a black male in a white car who drove the woman back to her vehicle at Martin and Railroad Streets. Capt. Roger Thomas of the WVPD said that no charges are pending for this man. “We would like for him to come forward and assist in the investigation,” Thomas said.
“If anyone knows who this subject is, please call the Water Valley Police Department at (662) 473-2933,” Thomas added.
The injured woman was dragged from Martin and Railroad to near Martin and Stevens. She apparently drove to the Police Station where she was treated by EMTs and then transported to Baptist Oxford. Radio traffic indicated that the woman was in shock from her injuries.
In connection with the incident, Water Valley Police have arrested Crystal Jones, 24, of Bershire Apt #3, Water Valley. Jones has been charged with aggravated assault with a motor vehicle.
In another incident, police arrested and charged Noah Fondon, 24, of Water Valley with aggravated assault. The incident occurred Friday, Sept. 11, on Martin Street. He is currently being held in the Yalobusha County Jail.
Lt. Rick McCuan reported the following law enforcement activity within the Water Valley City limits during the past two weeks:
• Arrested Robert Mike Johnson, 48, of Water Valley, for auto burglary, according to Lt. Rick McCuan. Two purses were taken and returned in the burglary that occurred Wednesday, Sept. 2, at the parking lot of Dollar General on Central Street.
• Made three arrests for driving under suspension;
• Made an arrest for simple assault, malicious mischief, and resisting arrest;
• Made an arrest on a WVPD warrant for failure to appear;
• Made an arrest for no drivers license;
• Made an arrest for public drunk;
• Took three reports of auto burglary;
• Took two reports of forgery;
• Took two reports of simple assault;
• Took a report of leaving the scene;
• Took a report of counterfeiting;
• Took a report of trespassing;
• Took a report of malicious mischief;
• Took a report of stalking;
• Took a report of petty larceny;
• Took a report of joyriding;
• Issued a citation for discharging a firearm in the city;
• Issued a citation for disturbing the peace, loud music in a motor vehicle;
• Issued 36 traffic citations;
• Investigated two crashes.