The Coffeeville Chamber of Commerce is finalizing plans for “Celebrate Coffeeville Again in 2010” festivities on Oct. 9. “Thanks to our many sponsors, we are expecting to provide the crowd with many activities during the day,” stated organizers of the event. Sponsors for the Celebration Day include the Coffeeville Chamber of Commerce, Mechanics Bank, Delta Distributing Co, Coffeeville Insurance Agency, Inc./Main St. Insurance Services, The Coffeeville Courier, State Farm Insurance (Hilly Griffin, Agent), Yalobusha Historical Society, Mike Thornton Land Surveyor, Garner Harper Funeral Home, Renasant Bank and MetroCast.
The General Coffee Car and Bike Show is slated to have good attendance, with prizes offered for the best old cars and motorcycles entered in the show. The Front Street Quilt Show will be held in the Fire Station on Front St. Quilts will be judged and available for the public to see local ladies’ handiwork.
The Coffee Time Coffee Recipe Contest will be held beside the Fire Station/ Bandstand Area. Cash prizes will be awarded to winners by Coffeeville Insurance Agency, Inc. Anyone wishing to enter this event must produce a recipe that has coffee as an ingredient.
Live entertainment from the Front St. Bandstand is provided for all to enjoy during the day. Inflatables for kids will be located beside the bandstand area. Tickets may be purchased for this event individually or for the entire day.
The Yalobusha Historical Society will again host an open house in its Presbyterian Church location and will be showing off their newly acquired and remodeled Masonic Lodge building, which is being utilized as library space.
While in the area, visitors are encouraged to make a trip down Depot St. to see the recently renovated City Hall.
The Coffeeville Court-house will be open for a tour and brief history from 1:30 –2:30 p.m. The Coffeeville Friends of the Library will host a book sale at the library from 9 a.m.–1 p.m. The public is invited to purchase books pulled from the library shelves. Also at the library/courthouse area, Baptist Memorial Hospital will sponsor a health fair and screening for those interested from 9 a.m-1 p.m.
The arts and crafts and food vendor area will be open the entire day. At 3 p.m., the Dream Riders Motorcycle Club will feature a Ride for the Kids event. Participants will go for a countryside ride for approximately one hour, returning to the celebration area to participate in the rest of the day’s events.
The class reunion area, located beside Renasant Bank on the old Co-op lot, will open at 9 a.m. Visitors and former classmates are encouraged to look up old friends.
Celebration Day will conclude on Front St., with the Street Dance form 7-11 p.m., featuring the renowned Mississippi band, “The Ben Shaw Band”. Pull out those lawn chairs and make ready to have a fun-filled day in Coffeeville, “Where Old Friends Gather.”
October 9, 2010
• 8 a.m. Car Show Regis-tration-Front Street (Chamber Event Tent)
•9 a.m. to 2 p.m. General Coffee’s Car Show- Front St.
(for Cars, Trucks, & Bikes) Awards 2:00 p.m.
•9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. – Front St. Quilt Show-Fire Station
• 9 a.m. – Welcome by Mayor/Chamber Director – Bandstand, Front St. National Anthem /Pledge of Alle-giance
Music/Entertainment kicks off at the bandstand at 9 a.m. featuring:
9 a.m.Tiny Daycare Music Makers, Sound System/ Oldies Music by Dewitt Moody
•9:30 a.m. to 10 a.m. Wade Cottonfield Country
•10 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Katilin Fuller
• 10:45 a.m. to 11:15 a.m. Matthew Hood
• 11: 15 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Jai Ho Dance Group
• 11:30 a.m. to noon Garrett Laster (Son of Mary Jane Lancaster – Laster and the late Randy Laster)
Noon to 1 p.m. The Share-cropper Band
• 1 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. Larry Kilgore(Son of Bessie Kilgore & the late Doc Kilgore)
• 1:45 p.m. to 2:15 p.m. Moores Chapel Gospel Choir
• 2:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. J. J. & Co. Band
• 3:45 p.m. to 4 p.m. Harold Mister’s Blues
• 4:15 p.m. to 4:45 p.m. ELVIS SIGHTING
• All Day – Food/Arts & Crafts Vendors – Front St. Inflatables for Children
• All Day – Yalobusha Historical Society Open House featuring spots of Coffeeville’s Past- (former Presbyterian Church, Depot St.)
• 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. – Coffee Time Recipe Contest (by Bandstand)
• 9 p.m. to 1 p.m. – Friends’ Library Book Sale-Library, Main St Baptist Hospital Health Fair (by Library)
• 9 a.m. – until – Class reunion area open
• 1:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. Coffeeville Courthouse Tours (Features a tour, with history of Courthouse)
• 3 p.m. – Dream Riders Ride for KIDS
•7 p.m. to 11 p.m. – Street Dance on Front Street featuring “The Ben Shaw Band”