By Jack Gurner
WATER VALLEY – Police investigated five vehicle crashes within the city limits during the July 4 holiday period beginning Friday.
The most serious was Saturday at 9 p.m. when an automobile headed eastbound on Wise Street collided with a northbound vehicle on the Hwy. 7 bypass. The impact caused the vehicles to strike a westbound pickup truck stopped at the stop sign on Wise. There were several minor injuries.
In an unrelated incident, Police arrested Kenya Rucker, 36, of Water Valley for possession of a weapon by a felon. He was also held on a Circuit Court warrant.
Tessa Schroeder, 19, of Water Valley was arrested just after midnight July 4 at the Crawford Sports Complex parking lot for possession of drug paraphernalia; possession of marijuana; possession of controlled substances Schedule I, Schedule II, Schedule III, Schedule IV; and possession of a controlled substance.
Police investigated an incident involving a deer that had become stuck in a residential security door. The officer was able to free the deer and it left the scene.
Sgt. A. J. Hernandez reported the following additional law enforcement activity in Water Valley since June 20:
• Made two arrests for simple assault;
• Made an arrest for DUI, first offense, driving under suspension, and littering;
• Made an arrest for public drunk;
• Made an arrest for driving under suspension;
• Made an arrest for trespassing;
• Made an arrest for Lafayette County;
• Made an arrest for aggravated domestic assault;
• Made an arrest for domestic assault;
• Made an arrest for disturbance of the family;
• Made an arrest for leaving the scene of an accident;
• Took two reports of petty larceny;
• Took two reports of attempted suicide;
• Took two reports of missing person, both found;
• Took a report of molesting;
• Took a report of malicious mischief;
• Took a report of Identity theft;
• Took a report of burglary on Dupuy Street;
• Took a report of shoplifting.