By Jack Gurner
WATER VALLEY – Police and sheriff’s deputies responded to multiple gunshots on Wise Street Sunday morning just before 1:30 a.m.
Officers found a small caliber handgun that had been fired in the parking lot of the restaurant/pool hall/barber shop complex in the 500 block of Wise Street, according to Sgt A. J. Hernandez, who was on the scene in his capacity as a Yalobusha Reserve Deputy.
No one reported being hit by gunfire and no one interviewed claimed to have seen the incident take place.
Anyone with information about the shooting is urged to call Police at 473-2933 or Yalobusha County CrimeStoppers at 1-866-933-TIPS or 473-4935 or send an email to: TIPS@Yalo-bushaCounty.net.
Sgt. Hernandez reported the following additional law enforcement activity within the city limits since July 25:
• Made an arrest for domestic simple assault;
• Made an arrest for contempt of court;
• Made an arrest for no drivers license;
• Made an arrest for trespassing;
• Made an arrest for Tate County on a warrant;
• Made an arrest for selling beer/wine to a minor;
• Made an arrest for selling tobacco products to a minor;
• Took two reports of simple assault/physical menace;
• Took two reports of vehicle accidents, rocks from a lawn mower;
• Took a report of attempted suicide;
• Took a report of forged prescription;
• Took a report of a natural death;
• Took a report of malicious mischief;
• Took a report of petty larceny;
• Issued eight traffic tickets.