Sheriff Lance Humphreys reported Thursday that his office has implemented a new smart phone application that will allow victims to track the status of the offender, receive alerts from the sheriff’s department, search for jail inmates or report crime tips.
The new product, Mobile Patrol, is a free app provided by Appriss, Inc. and can be downloaded from Apple App Store or Google Play Service. After loading and opening the app, users can select Mississippi from the menu and then select Yalobusha County.
The app is made available at no cost for law enforcement agencies as part of the Victim Information and Notification Everyday (VINE), according to Humphreys. VINE is provided for law enforcement agencies across the state by the Mississippi Department of Public Safety.
“With this app you will be able to see who is in our jail, view different news articles about what’s going on in the sheriff’s department, and see the county’s most wanted list,” Humphreys reported. The news articles will include links to yalnews.com where they originated.
The app also includes an option to report crimes, allowing users to easily report non life-threatening criminal activity.
Another important component of the system is alerts, allowing the sheriff’s department to quickly send out notices.
“When you download this app, be sure to check that you will accept push notifications so you can receive the notices,” Humphreys also explained.
The notices could range from severe weather, a missing person, scams in the area, amber alerts or wanted people.
The app includes multiple pages, scrolled horizontally.
The options currently available include:
1) Detention Center–see who is in jail;
2) Victim Notification–VINE search tool for victims of crimes;
3) Most Wanted–People who have active warrant or unpaid child support;
4) Crime Tips–alert authorities of crimes;
5) Alerts–See the alerts from the sheriff’s department; and
6) Facility Location–Both the location of the sheriff’s department and jail on a google map.
7) News–See the latest news stories about law enforcement in the county reported in the North Mississippi Herald
8) Directory–An easy lookup for phone numbers for county departments.
The links to download the app are:
MobilePatrol in iTunes:
MobilePatrol in Google Play: